Airbnb Sheets and Towel Service: How much inventory do I need?
How much inventory do I need for my Airbnb sheets & towel service?
Whether you’ve already listed your property and your looking to stock your inventory in a more efficient way or you’re just getting into researching how much goes into listing your property, managing your sheets and towel inventory should not be overlooked. Inefficiently operating your sheets and towel inventory can waste your profit and your time.
- How many sets of sheets & towels do I need?
Two to four is recommended. Because you want back-ups! If the goal is to have guests checking in and out frequently, you’ll want some extra inventory to prevent yourself from rushing the laundry service at a higher price. Without extra inventory of sheets and towels, your house cleaner will be forced to either a) wait around for 2-3 hours at their hourly rate for the in-house laundry to finish or 2) be subject to a rush order with your local Airbnb sheets and towels service.
We always recommend a minimum of two sets to start. When you have recovered your investment, you can buy a third, fourth, or even fifth set. The peace of mind will be well worth it! And, with this approach, you’ll grow to have plenty in no time!
- Do I need anything extra besides sheets & towels?
Bed Bug Covers: Preventing bed bugs is essential. Bed bug covers will protect your mattress and pillows and are easier to wash than your mattress or pillow. There are some on the market that can protect against spills and other accidents. Depending on the size of the bed, these covers run from $60 – $250.
Other items to consider from a purely cosmetic point of view are 1) Duvet covers for mattresses and 2) Bed skirts.
- What is ALL of this going to cost me?
A set of sheets will usually run you between $20-$50. We have found that brushed microfiber bedding is a perfect bedding solution for hotel-style Airbnb laundry. The quick-drying, easily stain treated sheets are the perfect balance between cost-efficiency, cleaning-efficiency, and guest comfort.
As for towels, we recommend a GSM between 400-600 and a price range of $30-$40 per set of four. Just like the sheets, there are many options for towels. Airbnb guests want to get dry but don’t necessarily want the thickest towel on the market. Remember – hotel-style? We recommend medium thickness towels in either cotton or microfiber. The thinner the towel, the cheaper it is to replace and the easier it is to both treat for stain and dry properly.
How extra inventory helps you save money with your Airbnb sheets and towels service.
With an Airbnb sheet and towel service, things get difficult and expensive if you’re operating your Airbnb rental property with just enough linens for one turn. You’re complicating the cleaning process by putting a strict timeline on yourself, your house cleaners, and your Airbnb laundry service.
Having a small number of sets of laundry and linens will mean you are constantly sending your linens for cleaning. And, with most Airbnb sheets and towel services, your cleaning costs will be more expensive at lower volumes. Buying enough linens to keep your Airbnb rental stocked with clean inventory for a couple of turns (usually at least a week or two) with the assumption that you will have high occupancy and turnover, will help you save money with your cleaning service, allow your house cleaners some flexibility on timing, and make sure your guests never show up to a bed without sheets on it.
Trying to stay ahead of guests and cleaners with a limited inventory can be incredibly stressful. And, having extra inventory on hand is an easy solution.
Tips for managing inventory with your Airbnb sheets & towel service.
- We have found that brushed microfiber bedding is a perfect bedding solution for hotel-style Airbnb laundry. The quick-drying, easily stain treated sheets are the perfect balance between cost-efficiency, cleaning-efficiency, and guest comfort.
- Put just one pillow on each bed and additional pillows in a plastic bag in the closet and wash them only if used.
- Put a duvet inside a duvet cover and wash just a cover after each guest.
- Put additional covers/blankets/quilts in the closet and wash them only if used.
- Consider locking extra inventory of sheets and towels in a closet or drawer to prevent overuse by your guests.
- For most stays under 5 days, one set of linens with the accompanying comforter and blanket per pair of guests is plenty.
- Ask your guests “Do you need new towels/new bedding/extra blanket?” And, be sure to casually emphasize that you do not like to be wasteful.
- Go in with other Airbnb hosts in your area to meet minimum order quantities from larger distributors.